Basics of Roulette Bets
Roulette is a table game that presupposes 6 players and one dealer. All the players that seat at the table are to make their roulette bets on lucky number/numbers. A dealer has to spin the wheel in order to get the winning number for one of the players.
It is exactly the game when the player relies on his luck only predicting the winning number and just waits to see whether he has won or not. The main challenge in this game is to place the roulette bet on the number that will become a winning one.
How to Place Roulette Bets
You should know that there are many ways to make a roulette bet. While playing roulette you need to buy some roulette chips which are only used in the roulette game. Each player has chips of different color. By the way, recently the roulette chips for all players were of the same color at one table. Today this rule is changed in order not to get confused who bet what. Players have to keep their hands away from the table after all roulette bets are done in order to prevent them from any kind of cheating. The rules of betting do not vary among American and European roulette games.
You are to keep in mind that roulette game has different betting options. But just like land-based online roulette has the same rules. What makes this roulette bet difference? The betting options are predetermined by the chips` location on the table. It is possible to make two groups of the roulette bets:
- Inside bets - a player makes bets on the numbers that are inside the layout.
- Outside bets - a player makes bets on the table zone that borders the number layout. You have to remember that the outside layouts may vary from table to table. But you shouldn`t get confused, you just concentrate on your betting and look for the outside bet location in order to place the roulette chips.
Inside Roulette Bets
- Single Number includes Double Zero/Zero and Straight Bet. In order to bet on single number, you have to place a chip in the central square that has the necessary numbers for you to bet on.
- Split Bet - you place your roulette bets on the line that separates 2 numbers you would like to bet on.
- Corner Bet includes Quarter Bet or Square Bet. You bet on the set of 4 numbers, placing a chip on the vertical and horizontal lines` intersection of the numbers set you want to bet on.
- Street Bet - you bet on the 3 numbers` row placing a chip on the number layout edge on the row you would like to bet on.
- Special Line Bet - you bet on 5 adjusting numbers.
- Line Bet - you bet on 6 adjusting numbers placing a chip on the line which is at the edge of the number layout
Outside Roulette Bets
- Dozens - you make your roulette bet on the first/second/third set of twelve numbers placing your chip on the area that is outside the number`s layout.
- Odd or Even - you make your bet on the even or odd numbers placing a chip on the area which is outside the number`s layout.
- Red or Black - you make your bet on the red or black numbers placing your chip on the area that is outside the number`s layout.
- Column Bets - you make your bet on the first/second/third column of numbers placing a chip on the area that is outside the number`s layout.
- 1-18 - you make your bet on the 1st half of the wheel numbers except zero or double zero placing a chip on the area which is outside the number`s layout.
- 19-36 - you make your bet on the 2nd half of the wheel numbers placing a chip on the area that is outside the number layout.